Best Underwater Fishing lights or Fishing light attractors are devices which are submerged in the water to hypnotize the fishes and make them circle around the light.
I love fishing lights especially when I am out with the family on a calm evening or when I need to get some more fish in the late night (Tips).
As we know the fish becomes more dopey and active in the night, as a few of them are looking for food and the rest are finding their way back home where they sleep then there are few fishes that just love the night. All in all the night fishing is full of mystery.
Moreover, you will have fewer people out there at night so you can have the most popular fishing spots all for yourself! When you pack for your fishing trip make sure you add the fishing light to your gear.
There are many reasons why fishing lights are better for your complete angling experience over a period of time.
- They offer a complete 360-degree view of the surroundings
- Any submerged lines are illuminated without affecting the line-shy crappie and other fish
- They are inexpensive, easy to transport and use
- You can get to see even those varieties that you can’t see during day time
- The fish gets attracted to light.
You will be amazed at how a simple waterproof LED light can quickly get you more fish like baitfish, redfish, bass, game fish, snook, crappie, etc… Green light is the most effective because it can penetrate greater distance under water and attract the zooplankton and other insects. Baitfish like shrimp, squid, minnows come looking for the plankton.
Finally, the predators arrive – a simple principle of the underwater food chain. With fishing lights, the entire sea or pond can become your aquarium!
Best Underwater Fishing Lights Comparison
|Lightingsky 12V LED Submersible Fishing Light Underwater Fish Finder lamp||$18.99||3.8 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|DAOUD 12v 10.8w 180 LEDs Submersible Fishing Light||$18.49||5 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Amarine-made Night Fishing Boat Submersible Underwater Light||$19.15||4.5 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Linkstyle 12V 1000 Lumens Lure Bait Finder||$20.99||4.3 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|THlighting Night Fishing Boat Submersible Deep Drop Underwater Light||$19.99||4.7 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Bulbright Diamond Tubular Style Underwater Fishing Light||$14.99||4.3 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Green Blob underwater 110 Volt Dock Fishing Light Dock||$199.95||3.6 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Blob Underwater Night Fishing Light DOCK-7500 Lumen||$169.98||5 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Goture Submersible Fishing Light||$36.99||4.3 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
|Tacky Stick Underwater Fishing Light||$13.99||4.6 out of 5 stars||Buy on Amazon|
Which color is best when using underwater fishing lights?
I have personally experienced that green colored underwater fishing lights are best as they have more range and velocity to it. You will find lights in green, white, blue and even red and in my lifetime of experience green color has never ever disappointed me. It has also been stated that green colored lights when submerged underwater creates a sharp effect within a short wavelength which makes it highly effective in attracting fishes.
How do underwater fishing lights attract fish?
There are 2 basic principles behind it, one is that the light itself acts as an attractor, yes fishes are naturally attracted to the underwater light and gets drawn towards it sort of like fireflies getting attracted to light. The second factor is the curiosity of finding food, when the light is submerged into the water in the night it also attracts insects and bugs due to the light that appears on the surface and this is also noticed by fishes which leads them to circle around the light in the anticipation of getting bedtime snack.
Best Underwater Fishing Lights – Reviews & Features
1. Lightingsky 12V LED Submersible Fishing Light Underwater Fish Finder lamp
This compact unit gives amazingly bright light and is one of the best sellers in fishing light attractants. You should use lots of weight so that it goes deep down (about 30 ft) to get the big fish around. The best part is that you can easily get striped bass, largemouth bass, white and black crappie in just a few hours.
- The lights are quite bright and attract prawns and squids (green light).
- 180 SMD Super Bright LED lights generate 900 lumens brightness
- 8W, energy efficient and can run up to 50000 hours with continuous use
- Available in green, white and blue colors
- This well-built 5-sided LED light attractor is a great way to attract all types of fish from bait to the big ones like shark and well-suited to be used as underwater boat lights too.
- You can get these on Amazon, here is a link to the product.
2. DAOUD 12v 10.8w 180 LEDs Submersible Fishing Light
The green 900 Lumens Lure Bait Finder consumes very low battery about 10.8W, 0.9A and can run for up to 50000 hours. The best part of this light is that it sinks fast and is IP68 waterproof. The battery clips are strong and made of good quality material.
- Built-in lead weight, submersible to 5m/16.4ft which is quite deep
- Watertight Rubber End Caps and Protecting Sleeves, that are durable and of high-quality rubber.
- IP68 protection up to 5m underwater
- 180 super bright LEDs providing 900 lumens of steady brightness on 5 sides.
- This small yet bright light captures the attention of fish big or small and makes fishing nights memorable by giving a 360-degree view.
- Check them out on Amazon, click here to see the product.
3. Amarine-made Night Fishing Boat Submersible Underwater Light
This green 12v-24v 8W 180 LED 1000 Lumens IP68 Lure Bait Finder is great for deep water fishing and gets even the bigger fish within minutes. The best part is that the whole unit weighs just 395 grams and is unbreakable, which makes it easy to store and transport. The power cord is 6M.
- Large sized bright light provides good light radius
- Very reasonably priced compared to other brands
- 6 sided LED lights giving 1000 lumens output
- Low power consumption
- Replaceable Inner Globe
- With a host of features and great reviews, this could be your best brand for fish light attractor, especially for catching shrimps. You can use two of them to further increase the surface area as the price of the entire unit is very reasonable.
- This to so amazing, I personally love them. You can buy them on Amazon here.
4. Linkstyle 12V 1000 Lumens Lure Bait Finder
This super bright LED Underwater Night Fishing Finder can easily attract prawns and squid shad bass trout redfish. This fishing light has two variations, one with 120 LEDs and the other with 180 LEDs at just 5$ extra. The light is of industrial-grade and performs extraordinarily in any place be it sea, cage, a small fishing net or light cover net.
- 180 SMD Super Bright LED Lights that give 1000 lumens brightness
- Great for salt and fresh water
- 8 sided LED lights for a 360-degree view
- 8W, energy efficient
- The upgraded version (180LED) comes with a built-in weight, for the other one (120LED), rings are provided to sink the fishing light
- Comes with 3 years warranty
- An excellent choice for drawing crappies, minnows and other fish, this fish finder is well-built with bright light and does not give any leak problems even after heavy usage. This fishing light works like a charm even in murky water.
- Add this bait finder to your kitty and shop them here right on Amazon.
5. Bulbright Diamond Tubular Style Underwater Fishing Light
Beautiful in design and simple in its working, this LED deep drop fishing light is a treat to the eyes and easy on the pocket. The best part is that it activates automatically when inside, so you don’t have to worry about powering it on or off. You can get a combination of different colors to experience multi-color viewing and make your night livelier.
- Water activated, lights up automatically in water
- 700 hrs lifespan
- Can go 1000m deep
- Comes in 4 beautiful colors – tubular red, white, green and blue
- Flashes on and off to lure fishes
- From its shiny tubular looks to its efficient lighting, everything is good about this compact and bright fish attractor.
- Are you serious about fishing then you definitely need to add this underwater fishing light to your gear, get them on Amazon.
6. THlighting Night Fishing Boat Submersible Deep Drop Underwater Light
If you are particular about product warranty and great customer service, this is the one for you as it comes with a 1-year warranty and good customer care service. It is a perfect option for docks, boats, and piers. The light is 8.5 inches and weighs just 297 grams, which makes it compact and easy to carry. You can even use a standard car battery to power this fishing light.
- Deep drop submersible attractor, IP68
- 12v-24v 10W 120 super bright LEDs providing 1000 Lumens brightness
- Has a lifespan of about 30000 hours
- Energy efficient with ultra-low consumption of battery
- Great for attracting minnows and prawns.
- With easy hook-up and bright lighting, this product’s green light seems to attract crappie in more numbers than other LEDs of the same color!
- Amazon is selling them for dirt cheap, click here to get it.
7. Green Blob underwater 110 Volt Dock Fishing Light Dock
This compact and powerful attractor is easy to install and use. It works great for outdoor ponds too. The best part is the power cord which is 30 feet long. It is self-weighted, so can go deep without any hassle. Within minutes, you can see the baitfish followed by predators like crappie, trout, flounder, stripers, bass, and snook.
- Underwater fishing light with an output of 15000 lumen
- Can be plugged into any household power outlet.
- Works well in fresh as well as salt water
- LED powered – energy efficient and no overheating
- Available in green, white, blue and multi-color
- The light works well even on extremely harsh conditions like rain or wind, fresh or salt water and is durable. You can use it for dock or fishing boat, in a pond or your private water garden. Use cautiously for longer hours, as the light could overheat at times.
- Check out this Docklight on Amazon.
8. Blob Underwater Night Fishing Light DOCK-7500 Lumen
Another model from Green Blob, the best part of this fishing light is the awesome remote control for the color changing feature! The light comes with a 110V adapter and a power cord which is 30 feet. You can set it up easily on your outdoor ponds as well as the fishing dock. You can use it 24×7 without the battery getting significantly drained.
- First underwater color changing fishing light with RF remote control
- 110 Volt AC 30 ft Cord with 3 Prong Plug
- Self-weighted system
- Works well in salt as well as fresh water
- 20 static colors, 5-levels for speed, strobe, constant and dimmable options
- Durable and versatile
- Draws fish almost instantly
- This high performance, well-built fishing light is clearly under-priced for the features it offers, it is a steal for serious anglers as well as those who want to enjoy many nights of fish watching up to 50000 hours.
- This one is definitely a keeper and it is selling on Amazon.
9. Tacky Stick Underwater Fishing Light
With two options of constant or flash lighting to choose from, and both floating and submerging options available, you cannot ask for more from this great looking fish light. The best part is that it is extremely pocket-friendly yet doesn’t compromise on the performance or features. The light also contains rings on both the ends so that you can connect the fishing line.
- Includes Free bullet shaped Weighted Swivel Clip with interlock snap
- Use it in floating or submersible mode
- Batteries are included, no need for external batteries
- Can be submerged to about 2000 feet.
- Lifespan of up to 30 hours
- Choose to fish anywhere – lake, pond, river or deep-sea fishing – and anytime! This waterproof green LED comes with a replaceable battery so that the fishing light can be reused.
- Get this reusable fishing light on sale directly from Amazon.
10. Goture Submersible Fishing Light
The best part of this light is the superior penetration ability of about 7.5m/24.61ft so that you can get fish like snook sooner that you would expect. With 180 super bright LEDs, 36 on each side, this fishing light provides 900 lumens of steady brightness. You can plug it to any 12V supply.
- Works great on water temperature below 40 degrees, great for ice fishing.
- 8W, 0.9A, energy efficient and runs for a long duration
- Impact resistant and corrosion resistant
- High-quality Watertight Rubber End caps and Protecting Sleeves
- Comes in 3 colors – green, blue and white.
- Runs up to 50000 hours
- These blue and white lights come with the option of 5 m or 12m (or 13.12yd) cord. The green light variation which is less pricey comes with only the lesser cord length (5m). You can go for the one that suits your fishing needs.
- This is a perfect ice fishing light, you can get it on Amazon.
Choosing the Best Underwater Fishing Light for Night – Ideal Fishing Light
There are many types of attractors based on various factors such as –
- Floating or submersible – floating lights float on the surface of the water; submersible lights can be used underwater only. Most attractors are floating type by default and come with weights to make them submersible.
- Portable or permanently fixed – you can carry portable fishing lights with you and attach to the boat or dock using a cable but these have low light intensity. Permanently fixed attractors can be used on a dock or stern of a boat and are quite effective when used regularly and provide more safety.
- Light source – can be LED, Incandescent or Fluorescent. LED and Fluorescent are more energy efficient.
- Light color – the Green color is the natural attractor, however blue and white also work well on some type of fish.
Now, the best part – You don’t need to break head on which fishing light you should buy. All you need to figure out is your fishing environment, budget, and features you like. We have compiled a handy list of the best waterproof and durable LED fishing lights based on usability, features, and price.
Lightning Conclusion to Underwater Fishing Lights
There are plenty of models within the same brands and each of them has their unique features. There is not much of innovation in light attractors and all of them are based on a common principle. However, the most important factor you should consider is safety. The lights should be waterproof, leakproof and well-built. Another factor is the power cord length which should be of an optimum length to connect the light to your dock or boat stern. We hope you have found the perfect product for your angling needs from this list. Whether you want to catch fish or just watch them, these pretty lights will sure make your night brighter!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?