You can keep worms fresh for 3 weeks in the refrigerator however you have to follow the rules below to get them to last longer.
I find worms to be the perfect bait to catch catfish and if you are a regular angler like me then you definitely need to keep them fresh for a couple of weeks to catch the fish on a daily basis.
Follow these exact tips below to make the worms last longer:
- When at the bay or ocean put them and their weeds in a 7″ x 7″ plastic container.
- Soak them in the bay/ocean water a few times while fishing.
- Drain the water from the container.
- Bring a 16 oz water bottle of bay/ ocean water home with you.
- Keep them cool in your fridge and make sure the plastic lid of the container has small air holes.
- Once or twice a week spray some of that water on them and mix the worms and weeds.
- I’ve had them stay lively for close to 3 weeks.